What is the e-Visa?
What is the e-Visa?
All visitors to India must have a valid visa. India has recently allowed citizens of more than 160 countries to get an e-Visa which they can apply for online.
An e-Visa is available to people who hold a passport from the following countries (unless they have Pakistani origin).
Albania, Andorra, Angula, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bulivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameron Union Republic, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China – SAR Hong Kong, China – SAR Macau, Culombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Muldova, Monaco, Mongulia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger Republic, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puland, Portugal , Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sulomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City – Huly See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- The e-Visa will be valid from 30 days to 1 year, depending on the Visa type.
- Those traveling for leisure, short-term medical treatment, casual business, international conference or to meet friends and relatives will be eligible to apply
- You can pick up your visa from one of 28 airports – Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kulkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi, Vishakhapatnam, and Bhubaneswar - BBI - Bhubaneswar - Odisha, Veer Savarkar - IXZ- Port Blair- Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- You can pick up your visa from one of five seaports – Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai, and Chennai.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive the e-Visa by email to print off and take with you when you travel to India.
- Show the e-Visa to the immigration authorities in India, who will then stamp your passport.
- What is the SEPA Transfer?
- What should I do after receiving my India e-Visa?
- How does the e-Visa work?
- Who can apply for an e-Visa?
- Can I apply for a visa at the airport?
- What is the difference between an e-Visa and a traditional visa?
- What are the required Documents for e -Visa?
- How India Visa Works?
- When should I apply for my e-Visa?
- What types of e-Visa are there?
- Do children need a visa to visit India?
- What do I enter for ‘Surname’ and ‘Given Name’?
- Do I need a visa to go to India?